Today we’re going to talk about FAT. No, not being fat but eating fat. You know, those fatty foods you were sooo afraid of for so long that actually help you LOSE WEIGHT?
It’s true. YOU NEED TO EAT FAT TO LOSE FAT!!
I know most of you have done everything in your power to burn fat…hours on the treadmill, low fat or no fat foods…and you’re thinking I’m pretty nuts-o right now for suggesting you add fat to your diet but science shows that eating fat won’t make you fat any more than eating money will make you rich. Too bad for that last part. 😉
We actually need healthy fats in our diet to function properly.
Let’s be clear what I mean by fat. I do not mean go out and eat a box of DD’s munchkins or a double whopper with fries. I’m talking about fattening foods that are filled with healthy good for you belly blasting, mood boosting, energy amplifying fat. Known in the industry as MUFA, (Mono Unsaturated Fatty Acid), and we want more of this good fat in our meals and less of those nasty no good for you saturated or trans fats.
WHY EAT FAT?
- Healthy fats aid in the absorption of vitamins
- Fat makes you feel full for longer periods of time
- Strengthens the immune system
- Enhances brain and nervous system functions
- Regulates body weight
- Boosts energy and mood
Try these 5 high fat HEALTHY foods:
- OILS: olive, flaxseed, sesame, coconut oils are the best
- SEEDS, NUTS and NUT BUTTER: Go for all natural almond butter or cashew butter. Try dry-roasted sunflower seeds, roasted pumpkin seeds or sesame seeds. Your best bets for nutrition are almonds, walnuts and pistachios.
- WHOLE EGGS: While the yoke has the fat it also has the nutrients
- AVOCADOS: the fat here will help you lower your bad cholesterol
- FATTY FISHES: salmon, mackerel, sardines are packed with Omega Fatty Acids
We need healthy fat to burn bad fat in the body!
So don’t be afraid of adding fat into your diet. Add a few slices of avocado into your green smoothie for a rich creamy taste, sprinkle some pumpkin seeds on your salad instead of croutons, start your day off with a satisfying spread of almond butter and banana on toast.